Ongoing, Senseless Targeting of Imaginary Horseplay
» Fifth-Grader Suspended for ‘Shooting’ Imaginary ‘Arrow’ at Classmate
… it’s long past time for Republicans to get off the sidelines and start thinking outside the box as well. Because hell, it’s only the future of the country that is at stake.
What better way to do that than to simply grind to a halt any further conduct of normal Senate business from here on out …
Because “normal Senate business” don’t mean what it used to.
The thing is McConnell, John McCain, and company know they have this option. They, better than anyone perhaps, know what actions are available to the political minority in the Senate. So why not act?
The hard Left wing of the Democratic Party, which just about every present member, senses a moment in time that the “progressive” movement has sought for decades. In Barack Obama, they have their enabler. Clearly the most liberal president in the history of the country, Obama and Democrats seek to drag the country, kicking and screaming, to the abyss of a socialist utopianism they control.
But what is worse is that the GOP Establishment appears willing to help, obviously satisfied just to have been added to the guest list.
The strategy is to use the wide acceptance of the idea that the mentally ill should not have access to firearms, as a front for prohibiting a broad array of “normal” people from possessing guns or ammunition. As with most things, the devil is in the details. What is mental illness? Who is mentally ill? How mentally ill must one be to warrant revocation of a fundamental human right? Who makes that determination? Who is “normal,” and how “normal” do they have to be to own guns?
While this anti-rights sneak attack is just getting underway, you can be sure it is well planned and well-funded, so expect to see a flood of bills dealing with mental health in general, and firearms access by the mentally ill in particular, introduced in Congress and state legislatures nationwide in the coming months. These bills will be promoted as “common sense,” but they will contain definitions so broad that hundreds of thousands – possibly millions – of regular folks who have been, or are being, successfully treated for common, minor, mental and emotional issues will be denied their right to arms as “mental defectives.” People suffering from mild depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, even women treated for PMS, could be lumped in with violent schizophrenics and the criminally insane.
Rights advocates are going to have to be extremely diligent to catch the threats that are on the way. One advantage we have is the arrogance of our opponents. Just as Northam arrogantly described the sneaky plan – without anyone in the “legitimate” media taking note of the proposed chicanery – expect Mike Bloomberg to make his support for the bad bills rather obvious. An easy way to tell if any legislation is bad – or at least that it deserves extra scrutiny – will be support from Bloomberg and his various front organizations.
Liberty is a never-ending struggle. Be prepared to respond to these bills, and take action now to warn your elected representatives about the coming sneak attacks.
What do Winston Churchill and Pope John Paul II have in common with Nelson Mandela? In U.S. history, presidents have given an order to lower our federal flags to half-mast in honor of the death of a foreigner only three times, Nelson Mandela’s death being one of the three, along with Winston Churchill and Pope John Paull II.
Obama released a statement about the death of Britain’s former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on the day she died, but that’s all he did. Neither he nor any member of his administration crossed the pond to attend services.
But Thatcher wasn’t a terrorist nor a communist, so why would (THHO)Obama bother himself over it?
On the other hand, Mandela was both.
The assembled crowd greeted a video appearance from President George W. Bush with booing – despite the fact that during and after his Presidency, Bush’s efforts in the war against AIDS in Africa have saved literally millions of lives…while Barack Obama has actually cut funding for AIDS reduction in South Africa.
Meanwhile, in his carefully-scripted eulogy, Barack Hussein Obama referred to Nelson Mandela as “the last great liberator of the 20th century,” and this may well be true.
Because whoever finally takes our presidency back from the Democrats is going to be the first great liberator of the 21st century.
The Federal Communications Commission’s plan to potentially lift the ban on in-flight cell phone use is being met with resistance from…Republicans. They’re worried that people might talk on their cell phones too loudly. Facepalm. It’s as if liberty is a foreign concept…in America.
Liberal Newspeak is the hybrid product of advertising, academia and bureaucracy. It takes ideas from creative leftists, rinses them in conformity, uses techniques from the ad world to make them as safe as possible and then shoves them down everyone’s throat.
Liberal Newspeak is the chirpy announcer in a drug commercial soothingly telling you about all the fatal side effects while on screen couples have romantic picnics and go whitewater rafting. That is the job of most of the news media.
The media’s real job is to be that announcer telling you that if you vote liberal, your taxes will go up, your job will go to China and you will die, without getting you upset about the terrible news.
Liberal Newspeak is concerned with making people safe while telling them absolutely nothing. It’s a new language that conveys reassurance rather than meaning. Its totem words are almost pre-verbal in that they mean nothing except “You are safe” and “We are taking care of you.” That is what gibberish like, “We are improving access options for all community interest groups” or “We are striving to innovate while listening to everyone’s concerns” means. Daily life has become filled with meaningless pats on the head like that, which dedicated liberal newspeakers spew up like newborns. This empty babble says nothing. It’s the hum of the beehive. The signal that keeps all the drones headed in the same direction
No disciple of liberty can so much as begin to relate to the thought that income inequality is a “problem,” let alone the greatest of problems.
Obviously, then, neither Obama nor anyone else endorsing his position can value liberty. In fact, they are enemies of liberty.
No one is more aware of—and more frustrated by—the indissoluble relationship between the liberty of our Constitution and private property than Obama.
Back in 2001, while giving an interview with public radio, Obama bluntly stated: “We still suffer from not having a Constitution that guarantees its citizens economic rights”
To, uh, cleanse the palate, an oldie but goodie via Jonah Goldberg. Odds that this is a prank played on the credulous host by some viewer, possibly the MEMRI guys themselves, who simply couldn’t resist: 40 percent. Odds that it’s a legit query, proof that the mujahedeen’s willingness to sacrifice for jihad has taken on painful new dimensions: 40 percent. Odds that the guy posing the question is the world’s dumbest would-be terrorist, whose “recruiter” is really, really eager to start “training” him: 20 percent.
I wonder whose idea it was to switch seats.
Since Ms. Harris-Perry finds it offensive that we call Obama’s ballyhooed signature achievement “ObamaCare” like all the libs used to do before it spectacularly crashed and burned, why don’t we rename it after the vastly more industrious individuals who imposed it on us while Obama was playing golf and canoodling with Reggie Love? We’ll just call it PelosiReidRobertsCare – PRRC for short, not to be confused with the PRC (People’s Republic of China), where the healthcare probably isn’t as bad as what we will have here if ObamaCare isn’t repealed.
Dupree called out Harris-Perry for skewing Barack Obama’s failures with race baiting. Her tactic plays well with liberals, not because it’s logical, but because it’s all they’ve got. Dupree is less than amused with Harris-Perry’s yancy presentations which he terms “dancing in her seat, on the verge of a nervous breakdown.” If you’ve seen her show you’ll sympathize with Dupree’s frustration. The woman’s fidgety presentation is a distraction.
Dupree mused that eventually Harris-Perry and one of her talking points, Congresswoman Marcia Fudge, will eventually lead to a ban on the English language. “If the language is being used to criticize a black person then we must deem such language to be irreparably and irrevocably racist,” he quoted Fudge as saying.
Congressman Jim Clyburn, Dupree noted, said “The entire English language was created by slaveowners as a means of oppression.” Clyburn concluded that, “If you speak English, you’re a racist.”
Clyburn apparently forgot he was speaking English.
“When Israel’s enemies try to disrupt concerts of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra or the Jerusalem Quartet, I want them to come and make troubles at my concerts, too: because Israel’s case is my case, Israel’s enemies are my enemies, and I do not want to be spared of the troubles which Israeli musicians encounter when they represent the Jewish State beyond its borders.”